Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Up Late Studying

I am up late studying for my gynecological oncology rotation, the next in my medical school line up. Chemotherapy drugs, cancer stages...they all seem to get the best of me right now. And sweet T fell asleep long ago while studying, exhausted from operating most of last night and all of today. Fortunately, in my procrastination I happened upon important encouragement from St. Vincent Ferrer. We will both have to remember this frequently to make sure we stay on track:

"Do you wish to study to your advantage? Let devotion accompany all your studies. Consult God more than your books. Ask Him to make you understand what you read. Never begin or end your study except by prayer. Science is a gift of God. Do not consider it merely the work of your own mind and effort."
~St Vincent Ferrer





No comments: