Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Strength Beyond Circumstances

Do you search for security in your circumstances?  I do!  I was reminded of this in Sarah Young's book, Jesus Calling, this morning.  I feel like I am continually making mental checklists of things I need to do to get control of my life.  If only I could check everything off the list, I could relax and be at peace.  But wouldn't you know: the harder I try check things off that list, the more things are added, the more frustrated I become.

There is a better way to find security in this life.  "Fix your eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen."  (2 Corinthians 4:18).  There is security for the moment, and security for eternity, in the Lord's presence.  Crazy week? A million things to accomplish?  Even more reason to focus on the Lord, the Eternal Rock. He keeps the minds of those who trust in Him in perfect peace.  (Isaiah 26:3-4)


Happily Ever,
Queen B

No comments: