Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Grocery Bag

Goodness!  It seems so many weeks lately I am in survival mode.  With an exam this week and T studying hard for his In-Training exam, this week is another "survivor week" for me in the kitchen.  This afternoon I was hard at work in the kitchen, prepping for the week.  I made SnoWhite's Granola, my favorite Irish Oat Soda Bread (do the oats version, it's amazing!), and amazing Sour Cream Scones from Cooking Light, all for this week's breakfasts and lunch snacks.  As for dinner, here is my plan.  As I look at my menu again, it resembles my favorite take-out menu!  I must have study food on my mind!  Thanks to some dear friends who recently blessed us with a gift certificate, we are shamelessly eating out on Thursday, after I finish my exam.


Day One
Pesto with Cheese Tortellini 
This pesto recipe is a take off of one of the first pesto recipes ever published in the United States (in Sunset Magazine).  I made this several weeks ago and froze the batch for a week like this.  Super easy with the help of a blender or food processor.  Then, just toss the cooked tortellini with the pesto for an easy, authentic pasta dish.  We'll have ours with homemade bread.  The kids will be in heaven.


Day Two
from Cooking Light Magazine
photo at MyRecipes.com
Oh my, this is a long-time favorite in our house.  Quick and easy, a real winner.  
Feels like we are eating out, while eating in.  


Day Three
from Cooking Light Magazine
Photo at MyRecipes.com
This is a new dish for us. A fun change of pace.


Day Four
Eat Out!  Happy Post Exam!
or 
from Southern Living
Photo at MyRecipes.com
This recipe is almost too good to pass up, even for a dinner night out.  
I'll make it for the weekend for sure if we eat out this week.


Day Five
Peking Pork Ribs with basmati rice
from "Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes"
6 Pork ribs
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed

Trim excess fat off ribs and place in slow cooker.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat. 
Cover, cook on low 4-6 hours or until pork is tender.
Season with salt & pepper and serve with rice.


Blessings on your kitchen this week!



No comments: