Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Grocery Bag



I am late, late for an important Grocery Bag date.  I can't believe this is the last week of meal planning before Thanksgiving week.  There are a few favorites and a few new recipes on my menu for dinner this week.  Hope you enjoy our ideas!  




Day One
Jennifer's White Chicken Chili
with cornbread
Our friend Jennifer first made this recipe for us way back when T was still in medical school.
I haven't made another chicken chili since.  This one is a staple in our house.

Jennifer's White Chicken Chili
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
4 cans Great Northern beans (I use cooked dried beans)
12 oz jar medium salsa
4 tsp ground cumin
3 C chicken broth (I use homemade stock or water leftover from poaching the chicken)
Ground pepper
8 oz block monterey jack cheese, grated

Heat everything except cheese at least 30-40 minutes. 
Add cheese, grated or in chunks, after turning off heat- do not boil.
Enjoy!



Day Two
Happily Ever Johnson Tortilla Soup 
with mixed green salad
This can be made in the crockpot all day or in a pot in the evening. 
The crockpot version is thicker, more my style.




Day Three
Tuscan Beans on Toast from Cozy Kitchen
with Honey Mustard Green Beans from Real Simple
Two newbies for us.  I will likely serve the kids the beans with toast on the side.

Recipe and photo from A Cozy Kitchen
Recipe and photo at MyRecipes.com



Day Four
with sweet peas and pears

Recipe and photo at MyRecipes.com




Day Five
Tuna Noodle Casserole from Cooking Light
I am looking for a fabulous Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe, because the dish reminds me of winter evenings growing up.  I am hoping this recipe will be my new favorite.

Recipe and Photo from CookingLight.com



Blessings on your kitchen this week!


No comments: