Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Grocery Bag

Ahh, I have missed my grocery bag.  Thanks to several loving friends and T's omnipresence during our first few weeks here, I haven't had to do much meal planning.  We've been flying by the seat of our pants, for the most part.  Now, it's time to get down to business as we re-establish our routines.

This Grocery Bag marks both the return of the Minnesota edition and my first fall menu plan.  The air is crisp and we've pulled out our light jackets for the week.  Dinner will have to rise to the occasion.  Here is my plan for the week.

Day One
Lentil sausage soup from Cheap Recipes Blog
with breadsticks and applesauce
A new favorite soup!
Photo and recipe from Cheap Recipes Blog


Day Two
Butternut squash couscous with chutney from Real Simple Magazine
with steamed green peas
I use craisins in place of the chutney, but otherwise I love this dish.
Photo and recipe from MyRecipes.com



Day Three
Butternut squash mac & cheese from Tasty Kitchen
with pears and carrots
The kids have no idea :)
Photo and recipe from Tasty Kitchen


Day Four
Rotisseri chicken with 
This is one of my favorite side dishes, perfect for this week's produce.
Photo and recipe from My Kitchen Table


Day Five
Cauliflower and cheddar soup from Everyday Food Magazine
with homemade rolls and apple slices
Another favorite soup will round out our week.
Photo and recipe from MarthaStewart.com

Blessings on your kitchen this week!


No comments: