Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Enduring in Trust

Today I came across this beautiful meditation in an old edition of Magnificat.  I found it so encouraging to be reminded of the greatness of God's plan for our lives, even when it doesn't make sense to us or align with our hopes.  We need God's strength to persevere in faith and trust Him for what we cannot see.

God's word cut deeply into Mary's life: it cut all the ordinary homes a young woman might have for her future, for her family life, for her child.  Yet, she accepted with a courageous consent that anticipates and mirrors the obedience of her Son "even unto death on a cross." (cf. Phil 2:8)

You need endurance to do the will of God and receive what he has promised. (Heb 10:36)

Psalm 40:6-9
How many, O Lord my God,
are the wonders and designs
that you have worked for us;
you have no equal.
Should I proclaim and speak of them,
the are more than I can tell.

You do not ask for sacrifice and offerings,
but an open ear.
You do not ask for holocaust and victim.
Instead, here am I.

In the scroll of the book it stands written
that I should do your will.
My God, I delight in your law
in the depth of my heart.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and will be forever.  Amen.  Allelujah!

~Magnificat, September 2005
Vol. 7, No. 7

No comments: