Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hear His Voice


"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."  
~John 10:27-30
This is one of the readings from church on Sunday.  I am struck by how many voices there are clamouring, even demanding, my attention everyday.  Which one am I going to listen to?

There are the voices of the demands at work, which can make me feel inadequate and remind me of all that I don't know.  There are the voices of the chores left to finish at home, making me feel behind and inefficient.  There are the voices of worry and uncertainty, making me fear the future. 

In my moments of insecurity, what voice am I listening to?  The Shepherd's Voice is soft and gentle, full of peace.  It is not coercive or punishing.  His hands are strong and secure, and so are His promises.  Whatever the future, whatever the to-do list, whatever the demands, His voice is sufficient to guide us.  "My sheep, listen to my voice...."

Happily Ever,
Queen B

No comments: