Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our Camera


I have gotten a lot of emails and questions lately from friends asking what camera we are using these days. We are flattered, you guys, that you would ask us for recommendations!  I think I should give credit where credit is due, T is the photography mastermind in our family.  Most of the time I am just along for the ride or following his instructions. Anyone who has known T for the past few decades of his life knows how much he loves making memories with photos.   He won't claim to be a pro, but he is dedicated: back in college when I was still snapping away with a disposable camera he was wowing everyone with his amazing DIGITAL camera.

Today we are a Nikon D300 family.  We love our camera.  We are fiscally frugal in almost every area of our daily life, but when it comes to photos, we splurge. We have two lenses: our zoom lens, an AF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G and our 55mm f/1.8D.  As I said before, T is the mastermind behind the photography, but thankfully he and our friend Benjamin have taught me a few of their tricks to help me get by when one of my experts isn't around.

If you are looking for camera recommendations, camera tutorials or great photography tips, we recommend our favorite photography guru website: KenRockwell.com.  Ken is amazing.  He puts incredible detail and user-friendly tips in his website, reviews and tutorials.  His advise is our go-to when we are looking to improve our photo shoots.

 

No comments: