Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

On new cookbooks, Jumping J-Bear, and a full, fall week


I am reading...New cookbooks sent by my sister-in-law, Aunt A!  Thank you, Aunt A!  Our whole family will appreciate the inspiration from these three great books: Indian Cooking UnfoldedLighten Up America from Cooking Light, and Budget Bytes (a pre-ordered preview!). I have already planned several meals that I can't wait to try.  These cookbooks are such a thoughtful, unexpected gift.  What a treat!

One of my favorite things...is watching J-Bear jump in her Johnny Jumper.  We got ours out for her this week.  She took to it like a duck to water.  Now it is her favorite toy!  She especially loves to jump and watch us from the dining room doorway as we eat dinner.  From there, she can turn herself around to watch the kids play in the living room once they finish eating.  She has quite the perch. Sweet little J-Bear....

A few plans for the rest of the week: G-Bear goes back to school today, and we have a jam-packed week with Nana here to help us!  We're going to celebrate T's first year of work over a dinner with his co-workers, tackle lots of meetings, I'll prep for cardiovascular lectures and maybe do some fall shopping that I have been putting off. We're ready to hit the ground running!  


1 comment:

Ashley said...

So glad you like them! Here's to more kitchen inspiration!