Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Grocery Bag


This week, we're juggling guests for dinner one night, lab instruction (for me) another night, and many afternoons of fun fall activities!  Here is our plan to get it all done.  This week is full of favorite fall flavors and some of my favorite recipes.

Day One
Caramelized pork with apples and balsamic onions from Health Magazine
with crusty bread, spinach salad and chocolate soufflĂ© with whipped cream
This is one of my favorite pork recipes, nice enough for company, but only an hour of prep from start to finish.  I always hope for leftovers because they are delicious!
Photo and recipe from MyRecipes.com


Day Two
Baked potato and broccoli soup from Southern Living Magazine
with homemade bread and broccoli slaw salad
One of our favorite soup recipes (I puree the soup so the kids eat the broccoli) along with 
a new salad recipe from my sister make for a yummy meal.
Photo and recipe from MyRecipes.com


Day Three
Ham and broccoli shells from Joy in My Kitchen
with pears and steamed corn
A longtime favorite recipe from one of my favorite cooking blogs.
Photo and recipe at Finding Joy in My Kitchen


Day Four
Parmesan chicken with mushrooms and brussels sprouts from Everyday Food Magazine
It is nice to be able to heat up the kitchen with roasting recipes as the temperature drops!
Photo and recipe from MarthaStewart.com

Day Five
Cauliflower and cheddar soup from Everyday Food Magazine
with pear & romaine salad and homemade bread
Another favorite fall soup, perfect for Friday night
Photo and recipe from MarthaStewart. com



Blessings on your kitchen this week!



No comments: