Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Retreating

I am back home after a 48-hour silent women's retreat.

The past three days have been a re(al) treat from the Lord in my life.

T returned from a multi-day work trip shortly before the retreat began.  He was sick and exhausted, but heroically took over for me at home so that I could go, not once making me feel guilty about leaving.  What a gift he gave me!

This was my first time away on a retreat by myself since becoming a mother.  I wondered, would the silence be unsettling?  Refreshing?  It was exactly what I needed, making space for God to do His work on me.  

The priest said today during his final comments,
"Let there be no doubt: the person who should benefit the most from your spiritual growth this weekend is your husband;  then, your children, your neighbor, the world."

Lord, help me put this growth into practice!


As I look toward the coming week, I am realizing that the halfway point of Lent is upon us.  Easter will be here before we know it!  No matter how we are doing in our works of prayer, penance and giving, there is still time for change and room for improvement.  God has so much to show us and so much to do through us, if we let Him.


1 comment:

B-Mama said...

So glad to hear the weekend was fruitful. Missed being there with you... but for more reasons than I initially thought, it was good I was home. God bless you. xox