Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Milestones

Around our house,


you might find a big girl typing her name


or writing her words by herself;

Found this on my refrigerator, a special delivery from our hard-working G-Bear.

during mealtime, 
where once a baby sat, we now find a little buddy,


eating meals by himself like a big kid
(it's a first with pears, pancake and potatoes!);



and should you like to venture out from the safe confines of home, 
you may want to take E-Bear along,


he'll show you how to bravely conquer our epic flight of stairs 
without a hand or handle.



Each of these milestones represents a task that used to draw requests for my assistance.  There are so many more like these!  Whether setting the table, cleaning up, helping with dishes, inventing new games, getting into new mischief, advancements abound around here.  These three are stretching their wings daily.  They will be flying on their own before I know it.   Fortunately for me, I recently came across this inspiring poem here.  I quickly wrote it out and taped it to my entryway closet door:

Oh Lord,
Give me patience when wee hands
tug at me with their small demands,
and give me gentle, smiling eyes,
keep my lips from hasty replies.

And let not weariness, confusion or noise
obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys.
So when, in years to come my house is still -
no bitter memories its rooms may fill.
~Author Unknown


In the spirit of this poem and the season, I am trying to thank God each time someone tugs at my leg or calls for my help during the day.  I am far from perfect in this, but my attempts have done wonders for my presence of mind in our daily interactions.  Goodness, I love these Bears.


No comments: