Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

PJ's, Pirates and Princesses

"Mom,"
said G-Bear tonight as I tucked her in bed,
"today was an unusual day."

It sure was!

I would like to thank our pj's, which we wore until lunch.

I would like to thank the vacuum,
(like I said, ahem, such an unusual normal day around our house!),
which gave us a reason to get our "under the sea" rug out from under the kids' table, 
which in turn inspired dozens of running, hopscotch, and racing games across our living room floor
(even Baby Bear joined in!).

Thanks to our sweet neighbor friends, 
who invited us to dinner at our local Chick-fil-a for "Pirate and Princess Kid's Night," 
which inspired us to get out of our pj's and into our costumes.

Thanks to our local Chick-fil-a, 
which provided free kids meals to my [bandana, cape, and sword-tucked-into-his-belt-wearing] son 
and my [snow white dress, mermaid cape and tiara-wearing] daughter 
(and to the staff for complimenting me on my tiara and Baby Bear on his "Little Pirate" shirt).

And finally,

I would like to thank our preschool, 
for hosting "PJ and Pancake" day tomorrow morning at school
(encouraging us all, even parents, to "wear pj's to school on Wednesday and enjoy pancakes together in the commons"),
which will allow us to wake up tomorrow morning 
and have yet another wonderfully unusual day.



1 comment:

B-Mama said...

Sounds perfectly unusual and just the way we like it! :) xo