Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On to Pediatrics!

Back to work for me today, this time to 6 weeks of pediatrics at the county hospital. I am looking forward to soaking up every learning experience and taking good care of other kids in the hours that I can't be with my own. My pediatrician sister-in-law is my inspiration on this rotation, and I am sure to find myself frequently wondering, "what would HJ do in this situation?" So, with Easter stickers in my pocket, a Tiger cover on my stethoscope and a smile in my heart I hit the ground running tomorrow. PICU, here I come!

Starting another rotation made me even more thankful for my dear med school friends tonight, who brought over a potluck dinner to share with the kids and me before our weekly bible study. We feasted on turkey burgers, baked beans, salad, potato salad, ambrosia and brownies before tucking the kids in to bed and talking about our weekly readings. It is nights like this when I realize how much of a ministry friendship is, in and of itself. My friends welcomed served me in my own home, caring for my needs in truly renewing way. I couldn't be more thankful for that renewal tonight, and I look forward to a time that God gives me the opportunity to bless others in a similar way.

Happily Ever,
Queen B

No comments: