Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Half Way Through Holy Week

I am taking a break tonight to remind myself that we are in the middle of Holy Week, the week leading up to Easter. Last Sunday the kids and I celebrated Palm Sunday at the Basilica, participating in the "parade for Jesus," as G-Bear called it. She loved waving her palm branch in the air and processing into the sanctuary with the rest of the congregation after the service started outside on the front lawn. Later that day, once T had gotten home, we made Easter eggs at Grandmo & Papa's house together:






But today I am struggling with a headache from the tension of my day, and the joys and childlike delight and trust from last Sunday seem very far away. I guess that is part of what we remember during Holy Week--how the hearts of so many were turned away from hailing Jesus to hating him in the span of just a few days. My "Jesus Calling" reading today again hit the mark, drawing me back to what I need to remember in the midst of weariness and overwhelming responsibility:

"I am taking care of you. Trust Me at all times. Trust Me in all circumstances. Trust Me with all your heart. When you are weary and everything seems to be going wrong, you can still utter these four words: 'Jesus, I trust you.' By doing so, you release matters into My control, and you fall back into the security of My everlasting arms......Search for me as for hidden treasure. I will be found by you."
~Sarah Young, "Jesus Calling"
based on Proverbs 3:51, Deuteronomy 33:27, Jeremiah 29:13-14

Happy Holy Week.

Happily Ever,
Queen B

No comments: