Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Learning Time with real tools

Buddy Bear loves tools, but it is hard for me to find ways that he can use them safely.

The other day, for Learning Time, I had an epiphany.  

It sounded so fun that even G-Bear and E-Bear wanted to join in!


I grabbed three blocks of styrofoam from a recent package we received.
The kids each grabbed a hammer from their tool bench.
I pulled out some real nails and screws and laid down the ground rules:


1.  Nails only go in the styrofoam.


2.  Put the nails back in their box when your done.


3.  Be careful of your fingers!  Hammers can bonk and nails are pointy.


 4.  Have fun getting all your nails in your block!


The kids did remarkably well with all the instructions.  They loved this activity.  I think we lost a few nails under the deck.  In the future, I will probably get larger nails for this project than the ones I had on hand.  But, all in all, this one was a success.

Happily Ever,
Queen B

No comments: