Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Making space for the Spirit

"Submit yourselves, then, to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
~James 4:7


Tomorrow is Pentecost.

Today, we had granola for breakfast on our porch.  The sun was coming up.  And the kids and I danced to this song.  With a little poetic license, it is a great song for today.




And I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
'Cause I like to keep my issues drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn.

Shake it out, shake it out,
Shake it out, shake it out, whoa!
Shake it out, shake it out,
Shake it out, shake it out, whoa!
and it's hard to dance with the devil on your back,
so shake him out!

And it's hard to dance with the devil on your back,
and given half the chance I would give any of it back,
It's a fine romance, but its left me all undone,
It's always darkest before the dawn.
~from "Shake It Out" by Florence and the Machine




Tomorrow is Pentecost.  Jesus' gift of the Holy Spirit reminds us that darkness has no place in our lives.  The Spirit comes in power!  So today, let's make space for Him and get ready to work.  Shake it out!  He has work that He wants to do, in us and through us.  


No comments: