Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Saying Goodbye to May


Its time to say good-bye to May.  
So, this weekend....

~
I went to the MN Catholic Homeschoolers conference.  It was like a huge shot of encouragement in the arm.  My kids love our parish school, but that doesn't change the fact that I am a homeschooler at heart.  As parents, we are our children's primary educators, and I love the encouragement of the speakers and the resources to make our home and family a place of learning, enrichment and witness of faith.

~

I said good-bye to my 4 and 5 year old Liturgy of the Word preschoolers during our last Sunday School.  I have loved participating in this ministry this year.  Young children have not always come naturally to me, but years of motherhood are paying off and bearing fruit.  My soul now finds great joy in being with toddlers and preschoolers, even if they still totally wear me out.  This ministry was also great for Buddy Bear this year, because although technically too young to participate, he could come with me to Liturgy of the Word on the Sundays when I was the teacher.  He loved every opportunity to leave Mass and join in with the older preschoolers.  Next fall, Buddy, you'll be off to Liturgy of the Word on your own each week!  Unless of course, I get to join in as a teacher again :)

~

We picked up a pizza, strapped our bikes onto the back of the car, and rode down to a bike path next to the Mississippi River.  After a picnic pizza dinner, we all hoped on our bikes for an evening ride.  G-Bear is doing great on her pink birthday bike, E-Bear is cool and confident on his, Buddy Bear is trying out the monkey bar seat on the Mundo and J-Bear is trying out the peanut shell in the back by Buddy Bear.  The evening was truly beautiful as we wound our way along the river bluffs.  


Happily Ever,
Queen B

No comments: