Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Crew on the bikes


Any given afternoon when we get home together, a familiar chorus rings out:  "Mommy, can we go biking?"  G-Bear is trying her bike without training wheels.  E-Bear is storming the pavement, speeding away with courage.  Buddy Bear has switches off between trying his strider and pedaling the trike.  J-Bear is content in the backpack.

I love taking my kids to the nearby quad and watching them speed around, free as birds.  I am thankful that they love their helmets (an affection I never developed as a child) and for their bravery and persistence when they fall down.  We're a cautious group, but a determined one!

I can't wait for warmer weather and summer days.  Hopefully we'll see some training-wheel free biking, some striding, and maybe even a bike for me.......we'll see :)


No comments: