Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Grocery Bag



We'll be missing our Nana this week, who departed from us yesterday after being in town for T's graduation.  I'll be cooking for the five of us alone this week, so preparation, flexibility and ease will be the keys to dinner!  Thank goodness for all the fresh summer produce!

Day One
Barbecue roasted salmon  from Cooking Light Magazine
with polenta and steamed green beans

Photo and recipe from MyRecipes.com


Day Two
with basmati rice and peas
I'll be trying another recipe from the cookbook T gave me for my birthday. 
Branching out in my Indian cooking is always rewarding!

Photo and recipe from "The Indian Slowcooker"


Day Three
Peanut noodle salad from 101 Cookbooks
with mixed berries
This is a new recipe recently recommended by a friend.  
I'll probably mix up the veggies in the salad to suit the kids' tastes.  

Photo and recipe from 101 Cookbooks


Day Four
Beef broccoli lo mein from Cooking Light Magazine
with pineapple
One of our tried and true favorites!  We can't go too long without it, or I go through withdrawal.  

Photo and recipe from MyRecipes.com


Day Five
Tuna noodle casserole from Gourmet Magazine
with homemade bread and fruit salad
This looks like a great dish for a rainy, chilly summer night.  
We're supposed to have several this week, so I'll have to try this new recipe.

Photo and recipe from Epicurious.com

Blessings on your kitchen!



1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

the lo mein looks wonderful.