Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Sourdough




Today, I baked my first loaf of sourdough bread from a starter.  I have loved using my bread machine to make bread with commercial yeast since before T and I were married.  But, this was my first successful attempt at bread without commercial yeast.  I converted a Herman sourdough starter (that I received from a friend) to just flour and water over the course of several weeks, and then I used it as my starter for the bread.  Then, with the help of a Splendid Table tutorial, something magical happened, and a yummy loaf actually emerged out of our oven. Now I know why the Lord’s Prayer includes a plea for “our daily bread.”  I was amazed and incredibly satisfied to bake a loaf for myself for the first time.  I certainly won’t ever claim artisan status, but when it comes to satisfying the demands of soup night, this should do the trick.


Happily Ever,
Queen B

No comments: