Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Grocery Bag


I have noticed a few things lately.  First, I think my weeks are decidedly more frenzied when I haven't made a meal plan.  Second, when T does the grocery shopping (as he has done for me quite a bit the past few weeks), our fridge is filled to the brim with delicious looking food.  If only I could successfully combine my meal planning with T's shopping ability: meals would be amazing!  Here is my plan for the week.

Day One
Skillet rib eye steak from Martha Stewart
with cabbage cilantro salad, rolls and grapes
T can choose a lovely cut of meat.  It's my job not to over cook it :)
Photo and recipe from MarthaStewart.com


Day Two
Ham and broccoli shells from Finding Joy in My Kitchen
with spinach salad and apple sauce
SnoWhite always comes through with a nice pasta dish.
Photo and recipe from Finding Joy in My Kitchen


Day Three
Sweet and spicy chili from T's aunt Patti
with crackers and broccoli slaw salad
A family favorite that tastes even better the next day.


Sweet and Spicy Chili
One pound lean ground hamburger or ground turkey
One onion, chopped
One large can diced tomatoes
One large can Hormel chili with beans
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup brown sugar

Brown the hamburger and onion in a large Dutch oven.  Add tomatoes, chili, chili powder and sugar. Heat over medium until simmering.  Serve with sprinkled cheese and sour cream.



Day Four
Spaghetti carbonara from Sunset Magazine
with steamed green beans and homemade bread

Photo and recipe from MyRecipes.com


Day Five
Curried lentils in tomato sauce from Everyday Food Magazine
with basmati rice and sautéed mushrooms

Photo and recipe from MarthaStewart.com

Blessings on your kitchen this week!


No comments: