Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer, from my desk in the kitchen

I am in love with summer.

On the sidewalk near our house...


Someday soon,

 I'll take the time to post a menu plan,

or catch up on my inbox,

or put away the laundry,

or deal with the mail.

This week, instead of doing those things,

we hosted eight friends for an impromptu dinner,

searched for a new house in the neighborhood,

took the kids to the park and the library and played catch and had a picnic,

and went for several twilight strolls.


I haven't spent much time at my desk recently.
With apologies to the rest of the world, I can't say that I mind.


Add caption



1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

What a wonderful summer!!

I'm sure you're looking to stay in the city proper, but there are a number of family-friendly houses for sale in our neighborhood :)