Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

One July Afternoon

It's another perfect July day.
The sun is shining, the sky is blue, the garden is lush because it rained last night.

T is home early.
He has set up the Slackline between our two trees in front.
The speakers are playing our favorite songs.
It is rest time, but pretty soon the kids are beckoned outside.
They can't resist T and his Slackline.

T has spoiled me.
I have a chair in the shade.
I have our baby in my arms.
I have a sweet tea in my hand, made by my sweet T himself.

From my seat in the shade, I get to enjoy 
the sight of my three oldest smiling and laughing,
bouncing T off the Slackline, trying their balance,
playing catch with our tiny black mitt and a bright tennis ball.

From my seat in the shade, looking down in my lap,
our newest addition is snoozing in peace,
where just days ago a round belly was seen,
which now feels strangely far away.

And the kids are laughing, and T is ever smiling, 
and there is a breeze in the shade and the baby's at peace,
and my tea is very sweet.


I would bottle this moment if I could.


Happily Ever,
Queen B

No comments: