Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

A mid-week deep breath

This week has felt like a ride on a tilt-a-whirl.

I am having trouble keeping my bearings, moving from moments of delight to moments of disorientation with surprising suddenness.

The week started with a birthday for me.  
(Did that really happen?  Am I really a year older?)

Tomorrow, I'll have a one-year-old.
(Is this really happening?  Where is the baby that I just delivered?)

We are trying to re-entering life here after a visit away, 
while, at the same time, we try to figure out our life away as our time here begins to fade.


When I am riding a tilt-a-whirl, I never know whether I should smile or brace myself for a fall.


I realize how easily, in the course of everyday life, I become disoriented.  

This morning is a good time to wake early, say a prayer, and take a deep breath.  "Do not worry," says the Great Lover of our souls.  His handprints are all over our future; His life is our sure foundation.  



No comments: