Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

A thanksgiving for Catholic Schools Week



Overheard during prayer time this week:
"I am thankful that I go to a school where I can learn about Jesus."
~E-Bear

It's true.
Parents can often be critical of their children's schools, but this week I have nothing but gratefulness and praise to God for our wonderful parish school.  How timely, because this week, our church and school are celebrating Catholic Schools Week.


I could go on and on about the blessings we have found in our community of faith and parish K-8 school.  Having both grown up with loving faith and school communities, T and I prayed for years that we would someday find something similar for our family.  We have become convinced that Christian friendship and fellowship communities are not luxuries but necessities for us to achieve the fullness of life that God wants for us.  We were prepared to build such fellowship from scratch if necessary!  But, fortunately for us, we found our parish and school even before moving back to MN.


I have accepted the fact that I am a home schooler at heart.   My heart ached (and still does most days!) to send G-Bear and E-Bear off to school.  But, I am richly consoled and confirmed by the way my children relish in the opportunity to go to school each day.  I am also thrilled by and thankful for the way they are learning and growing.

" I love Mommy because Mommy lets me go to school."

This week especially, I am thanking God for the blessing of a community where we can learn and serve, grow and care for each other.


I am thankful for all the dedicated parishioners, parents, families, teachers and neighbors that make our school and church shine like a bright light in our community.  And, I am thankful that we live in a country where we can openly educate our children in the Christian faith.




Happily Ever,
Queen B

No comments: