Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

E-Bear's Thanksgiving Paraliturgy

Last week, E-Bear made us all think thankful thoughts at his Kindergarten Thanksgiving liturgy.

E-Bear began the event by welcoming everyone.  
"We want to welcome everyone here today. Thank you for coming to celebrate with us."

"Mom," he declared later, "today is my first time speaking into a microphone!"

My little man was a little nervous walking in with his class, but he quickly warmed up when the songs began.  I could hear him singing from across the room.  Every time E-Bear's teacher made a sign that she needed the students to sing louder, I could hear his voice coming through loud and clear.

Each of the students had a chance to come up to the microphone and share something for which they are thankful.  I was so impressed by the ability of the five-year-olds to speak loudly and confidently in front of a large crowd.  E-Bear said he was thankful for his brother and sisters.  I couldn't have been happier to hear such a nice sentiment.

Aftewards, MoMo and I got to enjoy snacks and juice with E-Bear before he returned to his classroom.  After watching him perform so well, I was feeling thankful all day!  Thanks, E-Bear for helping me to remember so many blessings, especially the blessing of getting to be your mom.


Happily Ever,
Queen B

No comments: