Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year Inspiration

Today is a treat we only enjoy once every four years.  Today is Leap Year Day!   In honor of February 29th, here is some inspiration from our day to help you leap into tomorrow and the year beyond.


"Hey Moooooooooom!  Could you please help me find my Buzzzz Wightyear sleep shirt?  
Thank you.  Hey, Mom?  I am going to be Buzz.  Here I go, "Whooooosh!"

~From E-Bear, who knows the importance of asking nicely
and that the best way to travel is to 'whoosh.'



"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"
"Sniff, sniff."
*smile*
~From Baby Bear, who knows that when you fall on your head,
you need moment to cry, 
a moment to refocus,
and the persistence to strike out again. 



"If I had a piece of hair on my pizza,
I'll tell you what I would do.
I would cover it up with mushrooms,
and eat my pizza with you."
~An original poem (in the style of Shel Silverstein) by G-Bear, 
who knows that sometimes life is messy,
and good food should be shared, not wasted :)



And finally, a quote that I needed to read today, thanks to my friend Kat and Father Najim:

"So you have failed?  You - be convinced of it - can never fail.  You haven't failed; you've 
acquired experience.  Forward!"  ~Saint Josemaria Escriva



No comments: