Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Grocery Bag


My last week of medical school has started out as a busy one, so I am a bit behind on posting our meal planning.  A few simple suppers have been key to getting us through.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and we will have lots to celebrate at the end of the week!

Last week I received a request for our favorite homemade tortilla recipe.  I must give credit for the recipe to my friend, SnoWhite, at her wonderful cooking blog, Finding Joy in My Kitchen



Day One:
Ravioli with homemade pesto from Sunset magazine,
steamed broccoli and berries
As E-bear would say, "DeeeeeWISHous!"


Photo and recipe from MyRecipes.com


Day Two:



from Cooking Light Magazine

One of our favorite homemade pizzas.  Seriously good.
Photo and recipe at MyRecipes.com


Day Three:
Short ribs in tomato sauce from The Pioneer Woman
with roasted carrots
A great meal to prep the night before, then it is ready to eat when we get home! 
Photo and recipe at ThePioneerWoman.com


Day Four



Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches 
with fresh pears and steamed corn






Day Five
Wild rice stuffing from Cooking Light Magazine
with steamed peas and orange slices
A yummy meatless dish for our Friday dinner.
Photo and recipe at MyRecipes.com

Blessings on your kitchen!


2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

Wonderful week! I'm off to check out that pizza.

Have a blessed final week -- Praise God for how He is at work!!

Chrisy said...

Yay! Thanks for the tortilla recipe. I will be making tortillas tonight along with homemade bread since we finished two loaves this weekend. Praying that your cold is getting better and that baby bear is going easy on you as he/she is growing and getting ready to emerge!