Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

The Best Part of the New Minions Movie

Recently, MoMo took the Bear Crew to Mall of America for an afternoon that included the ferris wheel and the new Minions Movie. The kids reported that the movie was "awesome" with only a "few scary parts."

Aside from the fact that my kids can now spy Bob, Kevin or Stuart from over a half mile away, or that they constantly shout out "Banana!" every time they see something yellow, my favorite ramification of the movie viewing comes from the fact that the Minions apparently refer to each other as "Buddies."  This consequence has particularly reverberated in J-Bear's vocabulary, and she has adopted the word to refer to her siblings collectively as a group.  Now, on any given day in our house you may here:

"Hey, Buddies!"

"Buddies, where are you?"

"Mommy, where Buddies? I no find them."

"Buddies, come wook!"

"Buddies, time eaaaaat!"

"Buddies, wha you doING?"

"Mommy, when I wake-up, I say, 'wake up buddies'?"


This new habit is an adorable replacement for the classic Midwestern "hey guys" or the quintessentially Southern "hi y'all!"  I am hoping it will stick around for quite some time.  On the other hand, amidst all the "Buddies," "Bananas," and general hullabaloo of our life, I can't help but occasionally feel like I'm actually living inside a Minions movie.  Does that make me the Despicable boss?


Happily Ever,
Queen B


No comments: