Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

He's Done! The Boards of July

Forget the Ides of March.

We've been wary of this month for several years now.

This week, T took his final Board exam for his specialty.
Oral exams are intimidating.  This one is down right spine tingling.

But today, thanks be to God, he is finished.


We won't know the results of the exam for several months.  Even so, there is plenty to reflect on this experience that we have weathered together.  I asked myself so many times over the past few months, 'how can I show love to T as this exam looms?'   T is so cool calm and collected, and leading up to the exam, he rarely complained.  Even so, the preparation for this one was burdensome and exhausting for both of us.  I am always tempted to misread exhaustion as disinterest.  My best plan and surest defense was to keep 1 Corinthians 13 at the ready.  I had to constantly remember that love is patient and kind.  My love must bear all things, believe all things and hope all things.   I could bless his longest preparation days by going the extra mile, lavishing patience and understanding and creating a welcoming, relaxing haven for his arrival home.  If my day had been crazy, it was just all the more opportunity to accomplish these things out of love.  

Exams are hard; so is love.
In the life that T and I have chosen, we must pass the exams. 
But we must excel at love above everything else.


Congratulations, T.  I love you and I am so proud of you.


No comments: