Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

The Most Important Thing on my Advent list

I love this season.  

I love the traditions, the preparations, the gatherings, the sights, smells, the memories.

But as we create these traditions & memories as a family, as we prepare for the season, 
as we gather with family and friends,

Lord, help us remember that one thing is most important:




"It is important however that what we propose, with the help of God, should be profoundly rooted in contemplation and prayer. Ours is a time of continual movement which often leads to restlessness, with the risk of "doing for the sake of doing". We must resist this temptation by trying "to be" before trying "to do". In this regard we should recall how Jesus reproved Martha: "You are anxious and troubled about many things; one thing is needful" (Lk 10:41-42). "

~Apostolic Letter Novo Millennio Inuente of His Holiness Pope John Paul II
(With thanks to my dear friend, whose Advent posts always inspire me, 
and whose recent post drew my attention to this quote)



No comments: